FOR THE BOOKWORM SEARCHING FOR DISCOUNT BOOKS
Ok, so what are a Frugal Books? They are cheap, they are free or they are discounted......
I am an avid reader. But as we all know, a book habit can be an expensive habit. Given the current state of the ecomony, we're all trying to find creative ways to save money and recession proof ourselves. This is one of my ways for the living cheap lifestyle. (Nope - Cheap does not mean suffering, it means you are smart with your money).
Since I've started living frugal, I'm looking for cheapskate ways to continue my passion for reading without spending so much money. Frugal books is one of those ways.
Frugal Living Tips to satisfy your passion for reading
- Use the library. The library is free. This allows you to "preview" before making a decision to buy. If you check it out and it wasn't what you anticipated, you didn't waste your money buying it.
- Trade and swap online. There are several different book swap sites online. Basically, you sign up and provide your listing. There are some sites that charge a fee while others are free. All you need is a valid e-mail account, a valid USPS mailing address and some books you are willing to swap. Your cost is shipping and maybe a fee if you use a site that charges a fee. However, they are minimual in comparision to buying new. Check out Paperbackswap online.
- Buy used from Amazon. Almost all books at Amazon offer a good "used" price. You're buying these from another seller, not directly from Amazon.
- Buy at yard sales. This is as close to free as you'll ever get. You can find some awesome books at yard sales. However, if you are looking for something specific, this may not be the way to go. At a yard sale you typically find book categories - whatever the seller likes to read. To buy books at yard sales, you have to just be looking for a category and not something specific.
- Look for discounts, they are out there. If you buy a book as soon as it hits the shelves, you're going to pay top dollar for it.
- Buy at thrift stores. You can find some great deals on children's books at your local thrift store.
- Swap books with your friends.
↑ Grab this Headline Animator