A safer alternative to commercial cleaning products is to use homemade cleaning products. The use of essential oils in your homemeade cleaning products is both safe for the environment and non-toxic.
Many fragrances used in commercial cleaning products contain toxic substances; but because of intellectual property law, companies are not required to disclose all the ingredients used in the product.
10 Must Have Oils for your Homemade Cleaning Products:
1. Tea Tree Oil - known for it's strong antifungal properties and is very useful in killing mold and mildew.
2. Lavender Oil - is an effective antiseptic as well as having antibacterial and antifungal properties. The aroma of lavender has a calming effect on people. It repels insects and bugs and can be used as a bug repellent in and around the home.
3. Clove Oil - known for it's antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antiseptic properties, it is a good choice for cleaning in the kitchen. Like lavender, it also works as an insect repellant.
4. Eucalyptus Oil - known for its germicidal properties it is often used in various homemade cleaning solutions.
5. Grapefruit Oil - known for it's antibacterial properties, it is used in homemade cleaning solutions for the bathroom.
6. Oregano Essential Oil - known for it's antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties, it is ofter used in homemade cleaning recipes for use on the floor or in the kitchen.
7. Lavender and Peppermint Oils - Used often by pet owners as it will deter fleas.
8. Thyme - known for its strong antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties it can be used on surfaces frequently touched to deter the flu during flu season.
9. Juniper Oil - known for its antiseptic properties, it has a pleasant scent and is useful in preventing fleas and ticks in a pet owners home.
10. Lemon Oil - known for it's antiseptic properties, it is often used in cleaning products to clean furniture.
Back to Homemade Cleaning Products