Easy Ways To Make Money
Become a Mail Decoy
It's true, you can make extra money from home being a mail decoy.
Sounds like an undercover agent, huh? It's actually one of the easiest ways to make money. It takes very little time and you get paid. You can also receive stuff in the mail you might like to keep such as magazines.
It's simple to sign up. You go to their website and see if they need a mail decoy in your area by entering your zip code.
As with many companies, their marketing materials such as catalogs are the lifeline of their business but how do they know the material was delivered on time and in good shape.
They would never know unless they contract the services of a mail decoy company. To the company sending out the marketing materials, it's critical for them to know the timeliness of their mail delivery and it's condition when it arrives.
The company pays you by each piece of mail you receive and log. Timeliness is very important, all items must be logged in each day.
It may take a while before you get very much mail but they slowly add your address to different assignments.
If you are in an area that has several people working as decoys, you may not receive much mail while in other areas you could receive a ton of mail.
How does it work?
- After you have been selected to become a mail decoy, you receive mail addressed to your address but in another name or sometimes a series of numbers. After you sign up you need to let your mailman know that you will be receiving this kind of mail so that he/she does not return it thinking it was addressed wrong.
- You log the mail each day into the company's website, filling in a quick form with the name it was address to, the company it was sent from and a code that will be on the mail piece along with the date you received it and the condition it was in. Being timely is important, you must login each day you receive mail to log it in.
- You'll need to store the mail you receive for 6 months just in case they ask for you to send in a piece of mail that was received. This could be for various reasons but nonetheless, it's part of the job and they will reimburse you for the cost of sending in the items.
Opportunities to become a Mail Decoy
- Hausernet will send you a check. You earn .25 cents per piece of mail. I have read several reviews online that it's like pulling teeth to get paid when you work for Hausernet. I personally am not endorsing that message but I would suggest doing your own research before signing up with any company.
- SBK Center allows you to earn points for each piece of mail. You use the points earned toward gift cards.
- US Monitor will pay their agents a flat rate of $10 per month and an additional .25 per piece of mail. There's no guarantee on how much money you can make but I've heard of people making as much as $100-$200 per month. How much you get paid will totally depend on the demand in your area.
In summary, you can make money being a mail decoy. While you won't get rich quick, you will be able to earn an easy additional income.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
↑ Grab this Headline Animator